Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set

One of my Facebook friends posted a picture of her roses, the color of which looked like our Mango Melody ink. So that became color inspiration for these two cards, the first of which we made at my June stamp class. It always works out that way: when I'm designing I usually make one I'm not thrilled with before creating the one I really like and want to share with others. And I didn't even use the Big Shot for these cards. Amazing!


Because photopolymer stamps don't hold the color of markers that well, I inked the buds with Mango Melody and then went over the stems with the Call Me Clover Stampin' Write Marker. It changed the color somewhat, but still looks great.

The card above grew on me, but I still like the first card better. I think it's the strip in the center of this one that isn't quite right, although I love the font used. I fear I had over-inked my Early Espresso ink pad, which caused a little smudge on the salutation. Solution: dab off some of the ink using paper towels.

I was thrilled when I discovered the Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins were carried over from the Occasions Catalog. Granted, the "green" was originally called Lemon Lime Twist but underwent a name change when that In-Color expired. And I had just come to love that color, too (I didn't like it when it first appeared, although I believe I had a pant suit in that color back in the 70s). 

Products Used: 
Beautiful Friendship photopolymer stamp set (13), 149252, $22.00
Woven Heirlooms cling stamp set (9), 149306, $24.00
Mango Melody 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 146989, $8.75
Early Espresso 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 119686, $8.75
Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (40), 100730, $9.75
Mango Melody Classic Stampin' Pad, 147093, $7.50
Call Me Clover Classic Stampin' Pad, 147139, $7.50
Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad, 147114, $7.50
Highland Heather Classic Stampin' Pad, 147103, $7.50
Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins (250), 148561, $7.50

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils