Punch Art Tea Cups

I'm back from our trip to Ohio where I thoroughly enjoyed time with old friends! I need a thank you note (several, actually) and decided to play with punches. I had taken sample cards with me to show to my old stamping friends, who raved over one of the cards utilizing punch art, so my enthusiasm for technique was rekindled!

I made the tea cups below with both the tag and small tag punches and the small and large oval punches. I also used the Boho Blossoms punch for the white flower decorating the cup. The eyelet border was made with one of our newest punches. I used up some old designer paper with the bashful blue and whisper white card stock.

Finally, I experimented with my ribbon and like the way it turned out as well as the ease with which it went together. I cut my bashful blue grosgrain ribbon about 6-1/2 inches. Before tying the knot in the middle, I inserted a small piece of the ribbon and tied the knot around it. Then I fastened the ends under the whisper white card stock. I love the effect. It really looks like I tied a bow.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love the tea cups!! - Denise

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils