Pleasant Pheasants Thanksgiving Card

Much of this card was learned from a demonstrator in the UK but with my own personal twist. I haven't used my Watercolor Pencils that much since I first received them, especially since the Stampin' Blends came out. However, I wanted to blend the colors without worrying about mixing colors on the tips of my Blends, which is the perfect reason to use the pencils.

For this card I chose to use Watercolor Paper.  Somewhere I heard the trick to remember which black ink to use with the different media for coloring. If it's water-based ink (our markers or ink pads), use Staz-On ink; if it's alcohol-based (Stampin' Blends), use Memento ink - the opposite of the color implements. So I used the Staz-On ink and Aqua Painters to blend all the colors coloring with the colors. Remember, you don't have to color completely when using the Watercolor Pencils because adding water allows you to pull the color where you want it.

Notice, too, how using less of the Early Espresso on the female produced a lighter colored bird than using the heavier amounts on the male pheasant (the ground beneath them has less yet). He has a Real Red head, a Pacific Point neck band and some Pumpkin Pie on his back. Pumpkin Pie is also used on the beaks of both birds. The legs are Basic Gray and the grass is Daffodil Delight and Old Olive to show the fading color of fall.


I think this card would also be an excellent masculine birthday card.

Products Used: 
Pleasant Pheasants rubber stamp set (6), W 147687, $28.00; C 147684, $20.00
Pumpkin Pie 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 105117, $.50
Early Espresso 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 119686, $8.50
6" x 9" Watercolor Paper (5), 122959, $5.00
StazOn Jet Black Ink Pad, 101406, $10.00
Watercolor Pencils (13), 141709, $16.00
Braided Linen Trim (10 yards), 147808, $7.00
Aqua Painter (2), 103954, $17.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils