Using up Retired Products

I was so sad to see Island Indigo leave our color families, although I love all the new colors.  Since I also had a lot of very pretty designer series paper left from a couple years ago that included the returning Mint Macaron, I decided to design a card around those products. You'll see I used the pretty lacy ribbon from when Mint Macaron was one of our in colors. The dsp is used inside two of the jars while the butterflies are stamped and colored. 

This card was my way of demonstrating the technique I shared in a previous post where I made a template by cutting shapes from a piece of card stock. I then cut the jars and lids for my class attendees so they could practice the technique. I placed the stamps in the cut-out spots and then picked them up with a plate on my Stamparatus. Each lady was then able to ink the stamps and stamp all items at once. The Mint Macaron jar lids had to be done separately.

The butterflies and the lid with holes in the top came from the Ronald McDonald stamp set in last year's annual catalog, Sharing Sweet Thoughts. The rest of the stamps are from our current set, Jar of Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils