Using It Up

This is really old but beautiful designer series paper. I am intent on using up all those odds and ends, scraps and old paper. Thankfully I had some Pale Plum card stock available as well. Mixed with the still current Perfect Plum, I'm thrilled with these cards.

I used one of the stamps from the Mixed Bunch stamp set (6 stamps, W 128442, $27.95; C 125537, $21.95) with the coordinating Blossom Punch (125603, $16.95) on the first two cards. All three have a Very Vanilla card base. I had placed the strip of dsp on the left side of the first card and then stamped the flower overlapping the base and the dsp. When doing that, there is always a gap in the ink, which I covered with a very narrow strip of Perfect Plum card stock. Then I decided to add the Pale Plum punched-out flower and cut around all of them, inserting a piece of Perfect Plum beneath them. 
 The Perfect Plum buttons on both these cards are also retired. Since the light green on the designer paper is Certainly Celery, I was able to use some of my retired card stock and ribbon on the card below. I used the Little Leaves Sizzlet (114511, $5.50) for the leaves.
 The embossing on the banner below is accomplished with the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, now retired. I added a little Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details to the centers of the embossed flowers.  The punches used for the flowers are Pansy (130698, $15.95) and Petite Petals (133322, $12.95). The flowers boast Perfect Plum candy dots (Subtles Candy Dots, 100 pieces, 130933, $5.95) for centers. When I finished the card, I thought it still needed a little something. With a piece of the new Foil Sheets (2 12"x12" sheets, 132178, $3.95), I cut the swirls using the old Swirls Scribbles Sizzlits Die. They coordinated so well with the embossed swirls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils