Magnolia Lane Gift Box

Sometimes I need some rather small gift boxes and I designed this one to hold a hand knit dish cloth for my secret sister and then we made it at one of my stamp classes. Consequently, I have several more.

I used Mossy Meadow for the box itself, which is a variation of the old 2-4-6-8 box. I started with an 8-1/2" x 10-1/4" piece of card stock and scored it down the longer side at 2", 4", 6" and 8"; hence the name. I then turned it and scored in 2" from each end. Where the half inch strip was once the piece glued inside the box, I chose to use it as the insert flap, gluing the ends instead. I added designer paper to the top and sides and ends of the box.






For the flower, I used the dies from the Magnolia Memory set, cutting two of the large triple petal pieces and two of the mid-sized and then one of the smaller. I sponged some petal pink in the centers (hard to see in this photo) and curled the petals with my bone folder. I then began assembling the pieces. I staggered the two larger pieces and glued them together.  I did the same with the next two and then glued them to the base. Finally I added the smaller piece. I finished it off with the "stamens" and a jewel.  After adding the flower to the box top, I stamped and die-cut the leaves, arranging them around the flower. One of my customers said she was heading to the candy store in town to fill it. There are all kinds of things with which you could fill this box.  And it's so pretty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils