Floating Frame Technique with Hold On to Hope Stamp Set

This set of cards was made without the Press 'n Seal.  I do think that if I had made the card base Whisper White just like the frame, it would have looked more like it was floating. I believe it was an Australian demonstrator who demonstrated this technique using removable adhesive. And, no, Stampin' Up! does not carry removable adhesive, so you have to purchase it at a craft store. However, you could always use your SNAIL adhesive and rub away most of the stickiness, but if your pieces are fragile, you might tear them in the process.


Yesterday's post used two of our retiring In Colors and today I'm using another. The Fresh Fig makes this card absolutely exquisite. At least I think so.

With this set, I was able to die cut all the elements before attaching them to a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of card stock, using removable adhesive. I then used my Rectangle Stitched framelits Dies to cut a rectangle from the center. Next I peeled each element off, one at a time, and attached it to my Whisper White Frame, which I had previously cut out. I hadn't thought about all the little cut-outs in these elements when I chose this stamp set and so I needed to cut my mini dimensionals in order to attach the pieces. I wanted the Fresh Fig frame but if I had it to do over again, I would have attached another piece of Whisper White beneath the frame so it would have that floating look.





And here is what I did with the center portion. These cards do take a little longer to transfer the elements, but there is no frustration trying to peel away the Press 'n Seal. And my images stay crisp.

Every element of these cards is from the Hold on to Hope stamp set with its accompanying Cross of Hope dies. I am thrilled they remain in the upcoming annual catalog.

I actually designed these cards, the top one in particular, with a dear friend in mind. She has had surgery and is due for more but is feeling discouraged because she doesn't want to go through such major surgery again, which she needs. I used the verse (Isaiah 46:4), part of the stamp set, on the inside of the card. I pray it will bring her comfort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils