Barbecue, Anyone?

Masculine cards are not the easiest to come up with, and yet they are frequently needed. Now I know Father's Day is past, but we made this card at my May class. I was thinking of Father's Day when I designed it but my father has long been deceased. So I simply made it a masculine card and allowed the one class attendee who still has a father to add the word "Dad" on the apron pocket but used an enamel shaped heart (leftover) to fill in the gap.  I did add a banner saying "Happy Father's Day" and wrote a note inside for my husband.

I have to admit that my customers were very sad to use this side of the Share What You Love specialty designer series paper since the other side was so very pretty. But this side is so great for masculine cards. Plus I was trying to introduce some of the new colors and chose to use the Shaded Spruce to make the design pop.

The apron is from the Apron of Love stamp set, but the Apron Builder Framelits make it so easy to make this card. And there are so many possibilities with the framelits and with the stamp set, from masculine to feminine, from baking to crafting, from grilling to gardening.  Check out the possibilities on page 61 of the annual catalog.

Products Used:
Apron of Love photopolymer stamp set (24), 145835, $21.00
Crumb Cake 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 120953, $8.50
Shaded Spruce 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 146981, $8.50
Share What You Love 12" x 12" Specialty Designer Series Paper (24), 146926, $27.00
Shaded Spruce Classic Stampin' Pad, 147088, $7.50
Tuxedo Black Memento Pad, 132708, $6.00
Apron Builder Framelits (17), 145661, $29.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils