Experimenting

As you have noticed by now, I have played with the Black Ice Technique a lot, using it as it was designed to be used. For my husband's birthday card, I decided to experiment using Glossy White card stock in place of the Silver Foil and Night of Navy Ink instead of the Archival Basic Black. It is difficult to stamp on the Glossy White paper without the stamp sliding a little, so anchoring the card stock is a major help.

Because my husband is a retired pilot, I like to use the airplane for his cards whenever I can. Thus, I have hung on to the Sky is the Limit stamp set from Sale-a-Bration a couple years ago. It comes in so handy for lots of masculine cards, but especially cards I make for my husband. I also used the discontinued iridescent embossing powder on this card. My granddaughter, who loves bling, was seated next to Bob when he opened the card and immediately cried, "I want that card!" I think I'm going to have to make a card for her using the iridescent embossing powder. I vaguely recall reading that you can mix some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter with the clear embossing powder to get a similar effect, but I have not played with that technique since I still have the other. I find that embossing powder lasts forever!

Of course, you can't see the sparkly, glittery coating in this photograph, I'm sorry to say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils