Rose Wonder and Vellum

This card was inspired by the technique spot on page 162 in the annual catalog. I stamped the verse from Isaiah inside the card because I designed it with a cancer patient in mind. It is another of the cards we made at my July class.

We embossed the rose and greeting on the front of the vellum card stock and then colored it on the backside using Melon Mambo and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers. It was so easy to line them up the way I wanted by placing both stamps on the same clear block (F).

Because adhesives show through the vellum, I used the brads to attach it to Melon Mambo card stock. Sad to say, there are no brads in the current catalog, but you could use glue dots and cover them with enamel shapes. I tried using a method I had seen on-line where you sponge glue on the back of your vellum card stock and adhere it that way. Because it is all over, you don't see the adhesive. However, it smeared the ink on the back. As I write this, I'm thinking I should have seen if heat setting it would have kept it from smearing. I also thought about punching holes and running ribbon or twine through the top, leaving the vellum loose otherwise.

Anyway, I love the elegance of this card. And I think the colored card stock behind the vellum adds to its richness.

Products used:
Rose Wonder photopolymer stamp set (14), 140697, $27.00
Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (40), 100730, $9.00
Melon Mambo 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 115320, $8.00
Vellum 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (20), 101856, $8.00
VersaMark ink pad, 102283, $8.50
Embossing Buddy, 103083, $6.00
White Stampin' Emboss Powder (1/2 oz.), $5.00
Heat Tool, 129053, $30.00
Brights Collection Stampin' Write Markers (10), 131259, $29.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils