Whoops Makeover

We've all had it happen. A major mistake that ruins the whole card. Here's my example. I had designed this card for stamp class, demonstrating the method of dipping watercolor pencils in water before coloring the image.





However, I made two mistakes when using my pencils during one of my classes: I grabbed the
Basic Gray pencil instead of Old Olive and then, in my frustration, I smeared the color outside one flower petal. So I laid it aside to rework later. Here is the result—and I actually like this better than the original:

By cutting out the image, the smear disappeared. A change in color combination made it appear intentional. The funny thing is that I used old retired designer series paper, a pattern I never knew how to use when it was current. Of course, now that it's no longer available, I love it.

The stamp set I used for these cards is Birthday Blossoms. I heat embossed the greeting on the gray card. My colors are Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Old Olive/Basic Gray. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils