Watercolor Dip

I didn't think I was interested in this stamp set, "Hey, Chick" when I saw it in the Sale-a-Bration catalog, but I've seen a number of great ideas since. Plus, we were using this stamp set for the watercolor technique class I took on-line. For this particular technique, I dipped the Real Red and Early Espresso pencils in water before coloring. This technique produces bold colors.

Hey Chick stamp set is found on page 17 of the catalog. I have a ton of Early Espresso baker's twine, which is no longer available, but found it just the thing for this card design. Plus, I was using up my Early Espresso Candy Dots from our previous annual catalog. By the way, I have come to love the layering dies—circles, ovals and squares. Obviously I used the circle dies here.

For all the coloring done with the pencils, I stamped the images with our Archival Basic Black ink pad and usually heat set it.  When using Daffodil Delight to color and paint, it is crucial to heat set the ink because there is something about that color that causes the black to bleed. However, I didn't use the Daffodil Delight on this card. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils