Celebrate!

As I flipped through the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack, I decided that the sheet used on the card below reminded me of sand and sea and sky. So I grabbed a retired stamp set, Moon Lake, and set to work designing this card. I used "Celebrate You" from Birthday Blossoms stamp set because this was to be a belated card. The truth is, I was mailing it on the day of my son-in-law's birthday, so it would arrive late. This year we are celebrating all three family January birthdays on one day, so I wanted to send the card before our gathering. After all, we celebrate birthdays because we are celebrating the very existence of that special someone!

The bow, consisting of Early Espresso Baker's Twine and a thread from our burlap ribbon, was added because I had some Early Espresso ink on the edge of my stamp, leaving a mark. The bow looks like it belongs and covers the mishap perfectly!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils