Creative Opportunity

I often tell my class attendees, "There's no such thing as a mistake—just creative opportunities!" This card is an example of just such a thing. I had cut a butterfly (Butterflies Thinlits, 137360, $25.00) from our Gold Foil Sheets (132622, $4.00), but it slipped when going through the Big Shot and one wing was clipped. So I cut it in half and designed a card to use it (no sense wasting the gold foil and intricate cutting). I liked the result so much I chose to make the card at my August class. Yes, the Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper is retired (oh, how I love that paper), but many of my regulars had ordered that paper before. Regardless, you can always use a different floral print for the same results.

When I designed this card, I was also anxious to use my new Fluttering Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (139304, $8.50) and the Banner Triple punch(138292, $23.00), both of which were used on the Pacific Point Banner. I know: the greeting is also retired (Itty Bitty Banners stamp set), but we do have a number of greetings that will fit the Bitty Banners Framelits.

I love the fact that the Fluttering TIEF is larger (6" x 6") than our standard folders (4-1/2" x 6-3/16") because it works regardless of which way you fold your card.  And, in case you hadn't noticed, I really love butterflies!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils