For my Daughter's Birthday

Sorry I've been MIA. I have lots of cards to scan and share with you, so keep tuning in.

When my eldest daughter's birthday came in September, I had to design a really special card. I chose to use some of my favorite but discontinued designer series paper (Beyond the Garden) and wanted to incorporate a rosette in the design. Although this print was designed to coordinate with the Fabulous Florets stamp set, I discovered that the Apothecary Art stamp set works very well with it. I used markers the same colors as those in the paper to color the stamp. Admittedly, the coloring of this stamp is a challenge. If I were to make this card again, however, I would probably use the blender pen instead of a marker to color the flowers with Tangerine Tango ink after stamping because those in the dsp are a lighter shade than the maker. 

The banner with the "Happiest Birthday" greeting is actually cut from a different stamp in the same set because I wanted it to be a little larger and to hang off the edge of the label. Because of the thickness of this card, I was glad I was delivering it and tucked it inside her gift bag.

Products Used:
Apothecary Art stamp set (6), W 125525, $34.95; C 125527, $27.95
Labels Collection Framelits Dies (6), 125598, $26.95
Wild Wasabi 8½" x 11" card stock (24), 108641, $6.95
Whisper White 8½" x11" card stock (40), 100730, $8.50
Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango Stampin' Write Markers
     Brights Collection (10), 119702, $28.95
     Subtles Collection (10), 119700, $28.95
Simply Scored Scoring Tool, 122334, $29.95
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, 113439, $99.95

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils