Stuffed Owl Pillows

My daughter has decorated her 3½-month-old's bedroom with a forest friends theme and asked me if I would make something for the room. I had made a quilt (much earlier post) for Kyah, now 2½ years old, but this is more what Meredith had in mind for Karis. I was originally planning to make just one owl, but I had enough of the Spice Cake Designer Fabric to make another one, just switching the main fabrics. That fabric was in the Holiday Mini Catalog but was carried over and will continue to be available in the new core catalog for the coming year. The Spice Cake Designer Buttons used for the owls' eyes, however, are not carried over or available for future purchase. The orange fabric used for the beaks was from the local fabric store.When I made the pattern for these little guys, I essentially copied the Owl Builder punch, although a picture of an owl made by another demonstrator, Anne Eicher, and published in our December 2011 Stampin' Success magazine (available to demonstrators only) gave me the original idea. Her owl had wings and feet and was shaped slightly differently. I'm thinking I should have copied her shape because it would have been easier than mine—especially the ears.

Comments

Covnitkepr1 said…
I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.
Jean Addis said…
Those are super cute! They look like they took a lot of time, but so worth it.

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils