Last Minute Valentine

This card is for my son who thinks cards are a waste of time and money. But I figured his girlfriend is now a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, so she would appreciate seeing anything created to be given. In fact, when Andrew's ready to toss his card, she can save the front fo show customers.

I stamped this image with Staz-on Jet Black ink and then colored it with markers. I was originally going to use my blender pens and probably should have. Or use my usual method when coloring with markers—emboss the image with black embossing powder and then color with markers. Since I hadn't done that and the dark ink markers have a tendency to cover the black lines of the image, I tried to leave skinny areas uncolored. I think it also helps make this aged pick-up look more battered by time. My colors are Concord Crush, Real Red and Whisper White. Although the brad on the bottom is retired, I understand you can still purchase them from the Clearance Rack. The other retired item used on this card is the silver Zig marker for the bumpers, hubcaps and door handle (actually, the marker is gold on one end and silver on the other). If I had used the blender pens as originally intended, I would have used the silver Encore ink pad.


Current Stampin' Up! Products Used:
Loads of Love stamp set, 115022, $23.95
Whisper White Card Stock, 100730, $8.50 for 40 sheets, 8-1/2" x 11"
Concord Crush Card Stock, 119792, $6.95 for 24 sheets, 8-1/2" x 11"
Designer Series Paper Pack - In Color (level 1), hostess gift
Staz-on Jet Black Ink Pad, 101406, $7.95
Concord Crush Stampin' Marker, 119801, $14.95 for all 5 In Color markers
Real Red Stampin' Marker, 100052, $3.50
1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon, 119266, $8.95 for 15 yards

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils