As much as I prefer scanning my cards over photographing them, I find there are some disadvantages. My little banner that is stamped with "you mean everything to me" loses the 3D look as it gets flattened by the cover of the scanner. Kyla and I were just playing around with ideas while she was visiting (did I mention, she's my new recruit?) and this was one of the cards I designed. Gathering the ribbon slightly, cutting out the heart image and folding and trimming the "banner" across the heart meant a little extra fussing, but I really like the result. When I was all finished with the card, I decided to add a little sparkle by spraying it with a mixture of Champagne Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol. If you look closely, you can see some of the sparkle that added to the card, including the ribbon. When you actually hold it in your hands, you can see the glittery shimmer much more easily. Although I'm thinking about Valentine's Day, this card is not exclu...
I find I have bits and pieces of card stock from various workshops and occasionally sit down with the intention of using up those pieces as creatively as possible; in other words, I try to use them differently from their original intent. Last night was one of those times and I love the result. Shortly after the new catalog came out, I knew I just had to have the "Happiness Shared" stamp set. Every time I look at it, I think how much I like it but I just hadn't gotten around to using it yet. The card itself is Whisper White, which I softened by sponging lightly with Soft Suede classic ink. After stamping the image with Soft Suede classic ink, I used a blender pen and Marina Mist classic ink to add soft color to the flower as well as a little more Soft Suede to the stem and leaves. After punching a scrap of Marina Mist card stock with the Curly Label punch, I added a couple leaves (notice, I also scattered the leaves on the background of the card itself) and sponged that, t...
I'm back! I actually lost my ability to access my blogs and needed my son to get me back on track! I've continued stamping and hosting classes and so have a ton of cards I could share with you, but I'll start with one for now. One of my favorite stamp sets is Very Versailles and I loved playing with it and coming up with this card. I did some fussy cutting but, contrary to some of my friends, I enjoy doing that. I find it creative and relaxing. I used the 2019-2021 In colors for this card: Pretty Peacock and Rococo Rose with all the stamping being done on Very Vanilla. So have a beautiful day, my friends!
Comments