Converting Colors

I'm still saying a fond farewell to many of the retiring colors. Why did I ever think I would be able to use up all that card stock? I had just inventoried and restocked my supplies when I received the announcement, so I guess I'm going to start selling off the what I have in paper, inks and markers.

The card below was made in an effort to use up old rub-ons as well as card stock. I used to use Brilliant Blue often enough to warrant two ink pads and now I'm saying good-bye to it. The card below uses Green Galore, Brilliant Blue and Whisper White. There is no stamping on this card; the flowers are a rub-on.

I kept looking at the colors in this card and admiring them. The next step was to look through my supplies of card stock that appear in the new 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog to find a combination that will provide nearly the same effect. I settled on Certainly Celery and Pacific Point. I had also been playing with a design idea in my head which used the new Baby Tees jumbo wheel (118621, $8.50) and decided it would work well with these two colors. Once I started working on the card, however, I added So Saffron. Actually, I had intended to use Daffodil Delight, but grabbed the wrong marker. I like the effect just as well.


The "hello baby" is from my much-used Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (115370, $36.95). By the way, this set is also featured in the July Card kit at a 20% discount if you purchase the card kit for $20. If you glance through my more recent posts, you will see how often I use that set. All the wishes fit our punches, which makes it easy to use them and achieve a special effect.

The Certainly Celery 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (109031, $4.95, 15 yards) is still available in the new catalog, which takes effect July 1st. Although Stampin' Up! has added a third page of paper punches, the ones I used here have been in past catalogs and continue in the new one: Eyelet Border Punch (119853, $15.95) and the Small Oval punch (119863, $15.95).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils