Sweater & Necklace

I've had this idea tumbling around in my mind for a while. One of the ladies in my Bible study core group wore a dark green sweater with a pink sweatshirt and I thought those colors looked really nice together. Add a simple necklace and I found her attire pleasing to the eye. So, as I started to construct the card from card stock, I thought I would make the card from one of our pinks so the writing inside would show up better. I then chose two colors that are being discontinued in July: Pixie Pink and Handsome Hunter.


I decided the sweater needed some texture, so I ran the Handsome Hunter card stock, already cut, through the Big Shot using one of the Texturz Plates from the Backgrounds 1 set (114512, $11.95). I had some matching buttons, which helped give the sweater effect. The "happy birthday" is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (115370, $36.95) with Whisper White craft ink (101731, $7.50). This set has come in handy so many times.

But I wasn't satisfied with a straight pink edge, so I switched to a Naturals Ivory card stock card, cut the Pixie Pink card stock to fit (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") and then formed a neckline with the Scallop Oval punch (114889, $15.95).

All I had left was the necklace. I colored the flowers and stems from the Tiny Tags stamp set (WM 118091, $22.95; CM 118092, $16.95), stamped the image on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock and then punched it out with the Jewelry Tag Punch (117190, $10.95). Finally, I pierced a hole in the top of the punched card stock and ran silver cord through that, attaching the ends behind the top before attaching the layers to the card itself. I anchored the "pendant" to the card with a mini glue dot (103683, $4.95).

I like the effect and may do it again with other color combinations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils