From One Sheet of Designer Paper

I'm still using up retired designer paper that I can't believe I never used before. From one 12"x12" sheet, I was able to make seven cards. If I hadn't used part of the end piece for the cupcake papers, I would have had eight cards. These cards would be suitable for a man or a woman.



Here's how you need to cut your piece of designer series paper for eight cards: Cut two pieces at 5-1/4" x 12 "; cut those two pieces in thirds, giving you six 5-1/4"x4" pieces. The remaining 1-1/2" x 12" strip may be cut to fit your card, either at 5-1/2" or 4-1/4".

The red bird was cut from Real Red card stock using one of the Magnetic Movers & Shapers dies that was in the Holiday Mini Catalog. I'm hoping this gets carried into the new Idea Book & Catalog in July.

The cupcakes were stamped using the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set (111618, $23.95), stamping on different pieces of card stock/designer paper, cutting them out and piecing them together. The sprinkles are from the Red Bead Duo (110731, $9.95). Although I glued them on using my glue pen, the Crystal Effects (101055, $6.25) held them in place as well as adding shine and texture to my card.

The Going Gray card stock is being retired by the company in the upcoming Idea Book & Catalog (July 1, 2010). I love using it for my card because it is light enough for the writing to show up yet makes a sturdy card. I will miss going gray, but I'm excited about the new colors coming in. The Basic Gray and Real Red card stocks I used for these cards are not leaving the Stampin' Up! family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils