Love You Much

Sadly, Christmas has slipped by. Now it's time to think about Valentine's Day and the lovely cards we can create with Stampin' Up products. Obviously, the Love You Much stamp set was designed for Valentine's Day, although I've used it for anniversary and wedding cards as well.

We made the following card at a recent workshop. The card itself is Pretty In Pink and Rich Razzleberry.

I love using the Big Shot even though I was a reluctant purchaser! The texture plate texture plate from the Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1 adds dimension to the card itself. Dimension adds so much to a card and, as you can see, I used it in several ways. I stamped the group of three hearts on Whisper White card stock with Rich Razzleberry classic ink and then punched them out using the coordinating Heart to Heart punch. Stampin' Dimensionals beneath them made them stand out from the rest of the card. And, of course, I had to add some ribbon - the Rich Razzleberry polka dot grosgrain. The scallop edge punch on the open side of the card with a strip of Rich Razzleberry card stock added the final touch. Don't you just love the way our card stock, inks and embellishments coordinate so perfectly?! By the way, I cut the Pretty in Pink card stock in half the long way (4-1/4" x 8-1/2") to make this card.

The card below is the one I made for our demonstrator exchange. I was inspired by my granddaughter's nursery and many of her beautiful clothes - even a diaper bag. Dots seem to be decorating everything today.

Anyway, I punched 3/4" circles from Pixie Pink card stock and adhered them to Chocolate Chip layer, an edge of which was roughed up with the distressing tool in our Cutter Kit. I also ran the Pixie Pink card through the Big Shot using a texture plate from the Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1 set. The image was stamped with Chocolate Chip classic ink and colored with Pixie Pink and Old Olive Stampin' Write markers on Whisper White card stock. The Chocolate Chip 1/4" grosgrain ribbon provided the final touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils