Big Shot Cards

Saturday was my Big Shot class. We made two cards, a matchbox filled with chocolates and a purse box. I'm just showing the cards on this post.

The ladies who attended were amazed at how simple this first card is to make - no stamping, no cutting, nothing but Big Shot pieces assembled together. Obviously, I did have to cut card stock for the card itself and to fit the Big Shot dies. We used Certainly Celery and Pale Plum card stock along with designer paper from the Razzleberry Lemonade packet. The Big Shot dies needed are: Little Leaves sizzlits die, Cherry Blossom embosslits die, and, of course, the Top Note bigz die. As an afterthought, I punched flower centers from Rich Razzleberry card stock with the 1/4-inch circle punch.



This super simple card was made with the Elegant Bouquet textured impressions embossing folder and glossy white card stock. We stamped "Best Wishes" from the Kind and Caring Thoughts hostess stamp set on a scrap of glossy white card stock and punched it out with the large oval punch. We layered that on Bermuda Bay card stock that had been punched with the Scallop Oval punch. The coordinating polka dot grosgrain ribbon added color and texture.



This final card is not one we made at the class. However, I demonstrated the use of our texturz plates (Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1) on a piece of Crushed Curry card stock. Since I waste nothing, I had to design a card using that piece of "embossed" card stock. So I stamped the various elements in Basic Black on Very Vanilla card stock and then water colored them using a blender pen and Crushed Curry, Soft Suede and Dusty Durango classic ink pads. I then used my paper snips to cut out the various images and attached them with glue dots, framed it with Basic Black card stock, tied a bow with black gingham ribbon on the corner and adhered all that to my Very Vanilla card.



It is always so much fun to get together with others who love the craft with all the variations Stampin' Up offers. We sat with our calendars and scheduled our next two classes. We're going to be busy this coming month! October 12, Columbus Day, we are going to stamp a stack of Christmas cards. Then, on Halloween morning (Saturday the 31st) we will make 3D Christmas gifts, including earrings and coasters and whatever else I might come up with between now and then. So contact me if you're interested in joining us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils