Crinkled Wax Paper Technique

I just love this year's in-colors! I played around with them while designing cards for my upcoming class August 20th.  The technique shown here uses wax paper crumpled tightly, spread out and ironed onto card stock.  The color is acquired by inking a brayer and rolling it across the "waxed" card stock.  

For this first card, I used crushed curry ink on whisper white card stock, mounted it on bermuda bay card stock, adorned it with coordinating polka-dot grosgrain ribbon and black brads.  I stamped the flowers from the Eastern Blooms stamp set on whisper white card stock, cut them out and mounted them on the bermuda bay piece, using stampin' dimensionals for two of them.  Some crystal effects and glitter in the flower centers added some bling.  So fun!  And to think I didn't like the crushed curry color at first...
 
This card was inked with melon mambo and the Upsy Daisy stamp set.  This card has lots of textures on it, from the waxed background to the torn card stock to the folded and wrapped melon mambo grosgrain ribbon fastened with a rhinestone brad from the Pretties Kit.  And I love the effect of punching out the stamped words with the scallop oval punch.



In fact, I like the scalloped look so much, I used it on this card, too.  First I used two inks (soft suede and bermuda bay) on the Elegant Thank You stamp.  After stamping the image on whisper white card stock, I punched it out with the scallop square punch and then punched a piece of bermuda bay card stock, which I turned and placed below the image.  The new Medallion background stamp was an easy image to use.  I merely stamped it with bermuda bay on whisper white card stock, cut it out and trimmed it to go on my background piece.  A pearl from the pretties kit finished it off.  It seems the bermuda bay looks good with most of the in-colors! 


This final card was made with rich razzleberry and crushed curry inks and card stock.  The stamp set is Flight of the Butterfly.  I used the butterfly punch on an extra image of the butterfly and fastened it on top of the original image using adhesive in the middle only for additional dimension.  The jumbo white brad in the bottom corner provided the finishing touch.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils