Different Shaped Card

I haven't made too many cards in this shape, but the two I made this week inspire me to make more. A 6-inch square piece of card stock folded in half works for this card. I used the corner rounder on the top corners, even on the fold. I wasn't sure if it would punch through both layers well, but it did a nice job. The stamp set is Playful Petals and the card stock is Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point and Whisper White. I used the blender pens to color in my image, which was stamped with Chocolate Chip classic ink. "Thinking of You" is a rub-on.



This card is the Father's Day card I made for my husband. The card was made from a piece of 12x3" card stock folded in half. After stamping the trees (Lovely as a Tree stamp set) with Chocolate Chip classic ink, I used the sponge daubers to add Old Olive classic ink for a look of summer rather than winter. The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, a stamp set available in the new catalog coming out in July. Designed to fit our punches, the set contains 24 salutations - everything you need for a full year of occasions.



These cards will fit inside a regular mailing envelope, but I much prefer the quality envelopes available through Stampin' Up! After all, why should I put a work of art inside a cheap envelope?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils