Wagon Full of Fun

I find it difficult to view the mini catalog on-line, so I decided to feature one of the stamp sets in the new "occasions mini catalog" here. This set is called "Wagon Full of Fun" and it really is a fun set! Priced at $34.95, you only need to purchase that along with one of the accessories or wheels in the catalog this month to qualify for a free product from page 208 in the spring-summer 2009 idea book & catalog (see the info on the promotion in the following post). There are 10 stamps in this set. I have used all but two of those stamps in the following cards.

The first one is incredibly simple, stamped in basic brown and colored with certainly celery, pale plum and apricot appeal markers. I used a stamp from the Itty Bitty Backgrounds set for the festive path from the upper corner to the cupcake. That set, the itty bitties, has been around forever and I hope they never retire it!



This cheerful card is made with ruby red, summer sun and garden green card stock. Markers of the same colors were used to color the images, with the addition of really rust for the flower pots. Sponging with garden green ink softened the white background. A blob of Crystal Effects for the flower centers adds dimension, along with the punched flower (boho blossoms) with brad center.



I've always had an affinity for Crystal Effects, but lately I've enjoyed adding chunky glitter to it. That's what I did around the hearts for this card that says "Friendship is a work of heart". I like the effect of cutting around the words of a phrase like this one. The flower-shaped button is from the button bouquet designer buttons in pink pirouette, just like the card stock. Close to cocoa and rose red are the other two card stock colors I chose for this card.



I used tangerine tango (one of this year's "in colors") for this 3x6" card (cut the card stock 6x6" and fold in half). I have never used this paper before because I wasnt sure I liked it. But it works here, even though the duck's beak and feet are colored with only orange marker. The duck would also be great for a baby card. Or for Easter. Or... Use your imagination. The bow was stamped on brilliant blue and then cut out with my paper snips, perfect scissors for getting into little places.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils