I have a good stamping friend back in Ohio who comes up with all kinds of techniques to use on her cards. After she arranged a gathering of other stampers for my visit last month, I decided I just had to find something special for a thank you card. A day with other Stampin' Up demonstrators on my team taught me several new techniques. I chose this one for Anne's card.
Although Stampin' Up! carried window sheets several years ago, they were discontinued. I was thrilled to see them back again in the Occasions Mini Catalog.
For this technique, I stamped the image from the Fresh Cuts stamp set, although I think the Bella Toile or Pretty Petals background stamps would work well, too. In fact, I am envisioning a card with this technique using Pretty Petals and attaching one of the die cut butterflies...
Anyway, I used black StazOn ink for the image. Once the ink dried, I flipped the window sheet over and covered the back by scribbling all over with Crystal Effects. Then I took three ink bottles (mellow moss, barely banana and regal rose) and put a few drops in strategic places. It's very easy to add too much ink because the ink bleeds very slowly into the Crystal Effects, so be careful. I then sprinkled a pinch of Dazzling Diamonds glitter over the Crystal Effects. Next I wadded up a piece of tissue paper that had been cut slightly larger than my window sheet. Opening my wad, I flattened it ever so slightly before placing it over the mixture and pressing it down to bond to the window sheet. I left it overnight because it takes a long time to dry. I actually had to walk away from the room because it was too tempting to play with it before it was ready.
After trimming away the excess tissue paper, I attached my artwork to whisper white card stock with brads and then mounted that on always artichoke card stock. The card is barely banana. As you can see, I used two of our oval punches for the "Thank you" in the corner.
I hope you have fun trying this technique. I would love to see what others come up with!