Music Expressions

I've missed a couple weeks on my blog. Spent one enjoyable week staying with my grandsons while their parents attended a biblical counseling conference in Indiana. What a contrast from last year's stay with them! They are so much more independent this year. Growing up fast - too fast. Can't believe they are 10 and 12 years old. Christian will be turning 11 in May and Corban becomes a teenager in July. Unbelievable.

Friday and Saturday were fun but hectic days for us. Our son, Andrew, is one of the assistant basketball coaches at Cedarville University in Ohio. The team came to western New York to play against Houghton on Friday and Roberts Wesleyan on Saturday. We (daughter Meredith and husband Bob) went to Arcade (near Houghton) to visit my Aunt and enjoy dinner with her. Ran into snow as we neared her place, even though we had none at home in Canandaigua. Then we drove down to the game and brought Andrew home with us. Time together was just too short! Saturday, Heather and her boys (Corban and Christian) joined us mid-morning, reporting that they had gotten a foot of snow while we still had nothing. After lunch, all of us, including Meredith and her husband Adam, went to the game at Roberts. Heather's husband is a pastor who uses Saturdays to work on his sermon.

Cedarville won both games - naturally! We had a good time, but ended up very tired. After church and dinner today, Bob and I both napped.

Then I stamped! My sister is a violinist and her birthday is coming up. When I discovered the new stamp set, Music Expressions, in the spring-summer 2009 catalog, I just had to have it. So today I set about making a special card for Karen. I embossed in Gold Glory on Chocolate Chip cardstock and framed it with brushed gold cardstock. The strip of Ruby Red added a little color to the card.



Because the cardstock is so dark, I will line it with Very Vanilla cardstock before stamping a birthday greeting inside. That way I can also add a personal note that will be easy to read. I just hope she receives the card before viewing my blog!

I can't wait to play with this stamp. Watercolor crayons, pastels, markers... Each medium will produce a very different feel.

Comments

Kriss Huels said…
This is gorgeous! I just love that you embossed the image in gold and on the chocolate chip card stock, it looks stunning!

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils