Christmas Cardinal

I just love the Cardinal Christmas stamp set from Stampin' Up!   My first thought when using the cardinal stamp was to paint it with blender pens.  I used the branch silhouette for the background, stamped in garden green on garden green.  A real red frame around the stamped image and silver cord set it off.


But I wanted to see if I could design a card without coloring it.  So I used the in colors on this card, with riding hood red, basic black and kiwi kiss designer paper, stamping the image in black.  I topped it off with three black brads and a small knotted piece of riding hood red taffeta ribbon.  I was very pleased with the result.



To get the brads evenly spaced, I used the paper piercing pad and template (page 184 of the fall-winter 2008 Stampin' Up! catalog) as well as the paper piercing tool.  It makes it so easy to line them up!

Comments

Kriss Huels said…
Oh, Davina, I love your take on this stamp set! I've also been wondering about stamping the cardinal so I don't have to color it in, and this is perfect! Beautifully done!

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils