Spirited Snowmen

Our world has been shrouded in cold weather and snowy landscapes, so I just had to create a winter scene. Yes, it appears the Spirited Snowmen stamp set has been discontinued, but winter is not over and I decided to use that set for one of our class cards anyway. These are long-standing customers, so they understand when I choose to use something that's been discontinued on occasion.

I've seen variations of this card all over Pinterest, so I'm not sure to whom credit goes. I still haven't perfected the use of my embossing paste. I do have the decorative masks, so I'll have to play around with them and the embossing paste. But the Shimmery White Embossing Paste is perfect for snow banks.

I stamped the trees in the background with Early Espresso ink. Obviously the moisture in the embossing paste caused the ink to run a little, but winter time has its muddy places anyway, so it still works. I then sponged on some Balmy Blue ink for a pond and surrounded it with embossing paste snowbanks.  I lightly sponged some more Balmy Blue around the treetops for sky.

After the embossing paste had dried somewhat, I used glue from the Fine Tip Glue Pen to add some sheen to the pond. Cotton swabs work very nicely for spreading the glue around. The surface isn't perfectly smooth, but most ice-crusted ponds are not either.

Finally I stamped and colored and fussy cut the snowman on skates from the Spirited Snowmen stamp set. I attached him with Stampin' Dimensionals. I didn't worry about the glue being wet before mounting him because it would just add extra sticky power to the dimensionals. Not that they need extra sticky power because they are already super sticky and almost impossible to remove cleanly if you want to.

I used current Stampin' Write Markers in the latest In Colors to color the stripes, skates and buttons, and Early Espresso for the stick arms. The skate blades are Smokey Slate.

Products Used:
Lovely As A Tree rubber stamp set (6), W 128655, $28.00; C 127793, $20
Spirited Snowmen rubber stamp set (8), W 148075, $27.00; C 148072, $19.00
          (check Clearance Rack for availability of this stamp set)
Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" thick card stock (24), 140272, $7.75
Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (40), 100730, $9.75
Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad, 147114, $7.50
Tuxedo Black Memento Pad, 132708, $6.00
2018-2020 In Color Stampin' Write Markers (5), 147159, $15.00
Shimmery White Embossing Paste (4 fl. oz.), 145645, $9.00
Palette Knives (3), 142808, $5.00
Fine-Tip Glue Pen (1 oz.), 138309, $7.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils