Simple Elegance

Since we made two rather fussy cards at my last stamp class, I knew I had to have a couple easier cards. This is one of the two (the other was in my previous post using the Tea Together stamp set).

I fell in love with the Delicate Lace Edgelits in our annual catalog and only recently purchased them. I have now used all three of them for they each have their own mood but add that extra touch to the cards made with them.

For this card, I used the edgelit on my card base before folding on the score line—it's so much easier to keep the die in place when the card is flat. I then put a strip of Highland Heather card stock behind the "lace". To do this, I line the contrasting piece up with the back of the card after running a strip of Snail down the left and applying a few drops of glue behind the lace. Once it is lined up with the outer edge, I merely fold the card and press. Voila! Perfect alignment.

I used a blender pen to color the blooms. After stamping the greeting, I decided the card needed just a little something extra, so I grabbed my dark Highland Heather Stampin' Blend and colored three of the Clear Rhinestone Basic Jewels before adding them to the card front randomly. I only added three based on the rule for odd numbers of items.

Products Used:
Flourishing Phrases rubber stamp set (18), W 141531, $49.00; C 141534, $37.00
Very Vanilla 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (40), 101650, $9.75
Highland Heather 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 146986, $8.50
Call Me Clover Classic Stampin' Pad, 147139, $7.50
Highland Heather Classic Stampin' Pad, 147103, $7.50
Clear Rhinestone Basic Jewels (140), 144220, $5.00
Delicate Lace Edgelits (3), 147053, $29.00
Dark Highland Heather Stampin' Blends, 146883, $4.50

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils