Sweet Storybook 3-D Card

My young granddaughters have decided they want me to make dimensional cards for them. It has been a bit of a challenge and I wish I had photographed the first one I made for Kyah's October birthday. Because my January class attendance was low, I decided we could take the extra time to make the same card I made for Karis' January birthday.  This time, I made mine into a baby card and will take a gift along with the card to a woman who just had her baby. 

This card actually came together quite easily. I think it's my favorite card yet! The Stamparatus was such an incredible help for this card, especially when we made it in class. I centered the mushroom from the Sweet Storybook stamp set on a piece of Whisper White card stock, added Poppy Parade to the mushroom cap and colored the underside of the cap and the stem with my Soft Suede Blends. That was mounted on a piece of Poppy Parade card stock which in turn was adhered to the Mint Macaron card front.

After stamping the mice, I added a little Petal Pink using my Blends to their bellies and inner ears. Love the dies that come bundled together with the stamp set, if you so choose. I added them in front of the mushroom using Stampin' Dimensionals. Since the Foam Adhesive Strips are a little thicker than the dimensionals, I used those to raise the Mint Macaron front piece after cutting the shaped hole from the center.

I stamped the leafy pieces three times and cut them out with the coordinating die. One stamp, one die, two leafy stems.  I glued the first layer of stems around the cutout to frame the mice. I used Stampin' Dimensionals on the other two layers and fanned them out. I love the saying, "for my little Squeakheart", which fits perfectly in the rectangular framelit.  When I stamped, colored and cut out the mice on their tuft of grass, I made an extra one so I could put it inside the card.



Products Used:
Sweet Storybook photopolymer stamp set (14), 146511, $21.00
Storybook Scene Thinlits (7), 146357, $28.00
        Stamp set and dies bundled: 148409, $44.00
Mint Macaron 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 138337, $8.50
Poppy Parade 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 119793, $8.50
Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (40), 100730, $9.75
Poppy Parade Classic Stampin' Pad, 147050, $7.50
Call Me Clover Classic Stampin' Pad, 147139, $7.50
Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad, 147116, $7.50
Petal Pink Stampin' Blends, Combo Pack (2), 147272, $9.00
Mint Macaron Stampin' Blends, Combo Pack (2), 147283, $9.00
Soft Suede Stampin' Blends, Combo Pack (2), 147273, $9.00
Stampin' Dimensionals (300), 104430, $4.00
Foam Adhesive Strips (10 yards total), 141825, $8.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils