Country Road Stamp Set

Needing to make a masculine birthday card for a fellow stamper's husband, I wanted to use a set I knew she didn't have, or at least hadn't made in class with me. I chose the Country Road stamp set from the annual catalog along with some Brusho, a technique with which I am still learning to become comfortable. I have discovered, however, that our Stampin' Spritzers definitely make a difference when spritzing paper. I had bought a cheap one elsewhere but it doesn't have as fine a mist and just doesn't work as well.

This set is one of those sets you can use as a collage  or feature just one or two elements of the set. My card is essentially a collage design. Because this was for a friend and not for a class, I also used the retired Chocolate Chip card stock and ink, which is really my favorite brown rather than the Early Espresso, which is almost black. In all honesty, the center of the wheel didn't ink up very well, so I added an old button. If I'd been using the Stamparatus, I could have re-inked and stamped again with no fear of missing the original stamped image.

Products Used: 
Country Road rubber stamp set (6), W 147466, $27.00; C 147469, $19.00
Old Olive 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24), 1007002, $8.50
Shimmery White 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (10), 101910, $9.00
Chocolate Chip 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (24) and Classic Stampin' Pad, discontinued
Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad, 147090, $7.50
Brusho Crystal Colour (5 colors, 0.5 oz. each); 144101, $30.00
Stampin' Spritzers (2), 126185, $3.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils