More Heartfelt Blooms

The idea for this card came from something I saw on-line. However, I have to admit that I really liked hers more than mine. But her model is the reason I chose Sweet Sugarplum for both my cards. I've always liked this color and I don't know why I haven't used it more often. I'm going to have to do something about that!

 Making this card involved multiple stamped images, once on the actual card piece, and twice on scraps of card stock, obviously using Pear Pizzazz for one of the stamped images. I then fussy cut out the leave and the center daisy. A little sponging around the edges before adhering them to my card front, using glue beneath the leaf and dimensionals behind the daisy. I used the dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend to color the center of the flower. What you can't see is the Wink of Stella on the raised daisy. I wanted to use some Crystal Effects on the dew drop, but I haven't used it in so long that it had dried up. At least, I think that's why I couldn't get any to come out.

I thought about backing the word banner with another color but thought it would be too big so I just sponged around the edges. The Heartfelt Blooms stamp set is the only one I used and it is from the Sale-a-Bration catalog, which means it is free if you spend $50 or more. My colors are Sweet Sugarplum, Pear Pizzazz and Crumb Cake. I think I would have liked this card more if I had centered the colorful image but I wanted to show the best part of the stamped background.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils