Stamping With Little Girls

Last week I had a group of little girls come to my house to make some cards. I developed three different cards. The little girls lost interest after two cards, but the older ones made three with no problem and one actually wanted to make more.

So my challenge was to make fairly simple yet nice cards. Admittedly, the prep for this class was more time consuming than those classes I do for adults. The class was organized because one mom wanted her girls to make thank you cards. This  card was designed with that in mind. My thought was that the fireflies in the jar were thankful to be set free; hence the jar lid propped against the jar itself.

Knowing that these were not prospective buyers, I used some of my retired products that have been laying around, like the Naturals White and Lost Lagoon card stocks. I even had some leftover Lost Lagoon ribbon, which I added in the form of a bow on the neck of the jar after scanning this card. The stamps are current (Jar of Love), although the Washi Tape punch is not. And I love that punch even though I'm not a huge fan of the Washi Tape. As you can tell, we used a sponge dauber to light up the fireflies. Some little girls had hundreds of fireflies escaping from their jar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils