Taco 'Bout You

If I could stop ordering so much, I wouldn't have so many Sale-a-Bration stamp sets that I initially thought I wouldn't want. However, the play on words in this set is so fun. And I can see using these stamps with my grandchildren, as well as adults. You'll see the saying on this one at the bottom says, "Let's taco 'bout how awesome you are!" What a great card to just express appreciation to someone special. I also used the watercolor pencils for this card. Most of the cards in the class were done on Shimmery White Paper, but this one uses watercolor paper.

Since the watercolor pencils are primarily from our brights collection (Calypso Coral is not) plus three neutrals (Early Espresso, Basic Black and Basic Gray), the purchase of a Designer Series Paper Stack in our Brights Collection was the perfect accompaniment. This card features Bermuda Bay and Calypso Coral with some Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Basic Gray, and Basic Black. Some discontinued Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Twine seemed to coordinate well with the other colors.

The nice thing about the watercolor pencils is how easily they work in those small places. I used Blender Pens with this instead of the Aqua Painter for the same reason- easier to stay in the lines with the finer tip than the brush bristles.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils