Avant Garden

I want to be sure to post all the cards I've made so far with Sale-a-Bration items before the catalog expires March 31st. I really didn't know what I wanted to do with this stamp when I pulled it out and stamped on the card stock initially. I knew I wanted to incorporate some Designer Series Paper, but wasn't sure what colors I would use or anything. Then I decided to stamp the image in Old Olive and that set the course for the rest of the design. I love the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack so much that I actually ordered another pad, and this paper comes from my supply. And I've also come to love the Stylish Stems Framelits from the Occasions catalog that coordinates with the Special Reason stamp set, not just for the flowers and leaves, but also for this label in two sizes.

Because there is a wee bit of color on this dsp, I took my Calypso Coral watercolor pencil and shaded the flowers just a tad. I fear that pretty Old Olive ribbon, however, is no longer available.

I really like the font used for the birthday greeting in this SAB stamp set. There two more word stamps in the set as well as several other images. You can find another card made with this set in a previous post.

Products Used:
Avant Garden photopolymer stamp set (10), 143272, free with $50 purchase
Old Olive 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock (24), 100702, $8.00
Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad, 126953, $6.50
Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock (40), 100730, $9.00
Serene Scenery 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper Stack (48), 141642, $10.00
Stylish Stems Framelits Dies (11), 142750, $31.00
Watercolor Pencils (13), 141709, $16.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils