Gaining Independence

My oldest grandchild decided it was time to leave the nest. He had been attending college and working part-time nearby. Since he's just not sure what he wants to do with his life, he decided to take time off from studying and work full-time while living away from home. Before he left (he's moving out of state to be near friends), we went to see him. I wanted to be sure I had a card for him to send him off with support and good wishes. I combined techniques, using dry-embossing, fussy cutting and water coloring.






The embossing folder and the stamp set for the plain and the words are no longer available. The land formations are from the "In the Meadow" stamp set (page 129 in the core catalog). My colors were Soft Sky, Tip Top Taupe, Pool Party and Wild Wasabi. Water coloring was done using my Aqua Painters. I love those brushes because they are always wet—as long as you keep them filled with water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils