Annniversary Card

My husband and I just celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary. Of course, I had to make the card. Admittedly I also try my hand at verse for the inside, although it's not the best poetry in the world. But I get to convey my own thoughts.

I love this card, even if it does have some discontinued designer series paper and in color. But the depth of the colors and the fun of using the new layered circle dies just made it pop.

I discovered that the arched stems with leaves from the Foxy Friends stamp set aren't quite round enough to fit on the largest circle from the Layering Circles Framelits. So I cut the circle first and then laid the stamp on the circle. The nice thing about photopolymer stamps is that they are flexible, which means I was able to bend the stamp to make the garland fit my circle. Then I laid my acrylic block on top of the stamp so it would stay in just the right position. And no need to worry about lining up the ends of the garlands perfectly be attaching the acorns (with Stampin' Dimensionals, of course) covers any misses.

In all honesty, I did not think I wanted to order the Layering Circle Framelits but I'm so glad I did. In fact, I like them so much I ended up ordering the ovals and squares as well. Look how perfectly the Hello Honey scallops peek beneath the Whisper White circle!

This card also includes Cajun Craze Candy Dots, which were part of the Regals Collection and are now replaced with the Enamel Shapes. But adhesive shows behind vellum, so I needed something to cover up the glue dots.

Products Used:
Acorny Thank You photopolymer stamp set (10), 139718, $15.00
Foxy Friends photopolymer stamp set (29), 141549, $27.00
Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (24), W 128748, $37.00; C 127802, $27.00
Acorn Builder Punch, 139681, $18.00
Layering Circles Framelits (16), 141705, $35.00
Burlap Ribbon(5 yards), 141487, $7.00
Botanical Gardens 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper, discontinued
Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock (40), 100730, $9.00
Hello Honey 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock (24), discontinued
Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin' Pad, discontinued
Hellow Honey Classic Stampin' Pad, discontinued
Cajun Craze Classic Stampin' Pad, 126965, $6.50
Basic Black Archival Stampin' Pad, 140931, $7.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils