I designed these bags to hold everything my class attendees needed to make our class projects—with a few extras. More enamel shapes than needed. Bobbins of Thick Twine. Larger pieces of scraps for cutting than required. And envelopes for their cards. The bags were perfect for carrying home their completed cards as well.
This project provided an opportunity for me to use up some retired Hello Honey designer series paper. I used one half sheet for each bag (6" x 12"), scoring ½ inch inside one 6-inch edge and one 12-inch side for the Tear & Tape adhesive. I then folded the paper in half (up to the scored line). I made sure the corner cuts were made at a slight angle so there would be no edges hanging over the completed bag. I also knew I needed to put the bottom fold over the bags so nothing small would fall out.
Finally, I used two images from the "Basket of Wishes" photopolymer stamp set, available September 1st from the Holiday Catalog. After stamping the images, I colored them with my blender pens. My only problem was that I stamped the image in Chocolate Chip instead of Staz-on or Archival ink. As a result, my blender pen picked up some of that color, adding a reddish hue to much of my coloring. I did discover that by applying the color with my blender pen using lots of dots, the outline color bled less.
This was also the first time I used my new layering circles thinlit dies. I love the way I can choose a scalloped circle to layer behind the other circle. I could have chosen one that just barely showed behind the circle, but I chose to have a wider frame. Just love it! But now I have all the circle framelits as well as a number of circle Bigz dies that I may never use again. I should probably try to sell them.