Blessing Magnets

If you missed my class this week, you missed out on making these special magnets! The roses are made using the Spiral Flower Originals Die, leaving with our current annual catalog May 31st. A scrap of Old Olive card stock allowed me to cut just the large leaf with the Rose Garden Thinlits Dies.

The magnetic sheets I used are designed for cold air return vent covers and purchased from Lowe's. I cut them to fit in the envelopes containing my framelits and thinlits for easy flat storage. Scrap pieces were perfect for this project. I merely used my 1¾" Circle Punch for the Pear Pizzazz and Magnetic circles which, of course, I glued together before adding the leaf and rose and verbage and tiny bow. I also adhered the Perfectly Artistic dsp from the Sale-a-Bration catalog to Melon Mambo card stock before stamping and cutting. I then glued a small piece of the magnetic sheet on the back of the "tag" portion. So fun. So easy. I plan to make enough for everyone in my core group at Community Bible Study and use them as favors for our final brunch.

Oh, I mustn't forget to mention the Wink of Stella that I added to the edges of my rose petals. It doesn't show up very well in this picture, but it's there and adds so much to the overall effect.

Products Used:
Rose Wonder stamp set (14 photopolymer stamps), 140697, $27.00
Rose Garden Thinlits Dies (5), 140619, $31.00
Spiral Flower Originals, 129379, $18.00 (retiring)
Melon Mambo 8½" x 11" card stock (24), 115320, $7.00
Old Olive 8½" x 11" card stock (24), 100702, $7.00
Pear Pizzazz 8½" x 11" card stock (24), 131201
Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, Clear, 141897, $8.00
(Melon Mambo narrow ribbon has been discontinued)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils