Hey, Girl Stamp Set

My granddaughter's fourth birthday led to the design of this card. She's such a little lady. Nearing the end of her celebration last night, she put on a princess nightgown, came downstairs and strolled across the room looking for all the world like she'd been trained to walk like a model. At one point, she crawled on my lap and undid the scarf I was wearing because, she said, I was too warm in it. She then strutted around wearing the scarf before she transformed into a Star Wars character. My little lady disappeared.

Anyway, I once again did a lot more "fussy cutting" than I had planned when I started this card. I new I was going to use the "Hey, Girl" stamp set and decided to use a piece of "Perfectly Artistic Designer Series Paper" (Sale-a-Bration Limted Time item) for my background. I heat embossed the little girl, making it easier to color her in (and to cut her out when my design turned that direction). I used my Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Markers for her dress. I wanted to color her skin a little, so I used a Blender Pen and very little Blushing Bride ink to make it different from the top of her dress. Crushed Curry was the closest color to Karis' hair that I had. Marina Mist added the pop of a different color for the third balloon. And if you look closely, you'll see a touch of Soft Sky blue in her eyes.

Because the little girl and the balloons were popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals, I decided to use some of my Calypso Coral Baker's Twine (no longer available in that color, but you could use the Whisper White or Basic Black instead) for the strings attached to the balloons rather than stamping the strings

Products Used:
Hey, Girl stamp set (14 photopolymer stamps), 138706, $12.00
Blushing Bride 8½" x 11" cardstock (24), 131198, $7.00
Whisper White 8½" x 11" cardstock (40), 100738, $8.50
Perfectly Artistic Designer Series Paper, SAB, 141021, free with $50 purchase
Subtles Collection Stampin' Write Markers (10), 131263, $29.00
Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Marker, 131901, $3.50
Basic Black Archival Stampin' Pad, 140931, $7.00
Blushing Bride Classic Stampin' Pad, 131172, $6.50
Calypso Coral Classic Stampin' Pad, 126983, $6.50
Stampin' Dimensionals (300), 104430, $4.00
VersaMark Pad, 102283, $7.50
Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (½ oz.), $5.00
Banner Triple punch, 138292, $23.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils