Sparkly Ballerina

The card I made for my niece's birthday was a variation of the card shown below. I expect to give this to my granddaughter for her birthday tomorrow, although I wonder if the two girls will compare or notice the similarity. Hmm...

With the assistance of my Big Shot, this is not a difficult card to make. I did not order the bundle, however, because I figured my Circles Collection Framelits would work and I couldn't see myself using the words since I don't do Halloween and I already have the Hello You Thinlits. However, this circle is in between sizes, so I ended up trimming the snow globe. Plus I "fussy cut" the base for the globe. So now I'm wondering if I should have ordered the Thinlits anyway.



I do love the Sparkly Seasons stamp set! I have always had a special fondness for snow globes and have a small Christmas collection. And this set includes a pumpkin, a snowman and a nutcracker. Other stamps make it easy to convert your "globe" to an ornament or a pumpkin. Add a few greetings and some incidentals and you're ready for almost any occasion.

The colors used for this card are Pink Pirouette and Elegant Eggplant. The only retired item on this card is the Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, but you could get the same effect with a narrow strip of Elegant Eggplant cardstock or you could dye some Whisper White Ribbon using sponges and ink.

I always cut my layers one quarter inch smaller than the one below. Consequently, my card front is 4¼" x 5½"; the Elegant Eggplant layer is 4" x 5¼"; and the top Pink Pirouette layer is 3¾" x 5". I ran the top layer through the Big Shot using the Lucky Stars Textured Impressions Embossing Folder before attaching it to the Elegant Eggplant piece. Then I wrapped the ribbon around both layers and attached the unit to the front of the card.

The snow globe itself and the ballerina inside were stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink on Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. I then used my Elegant Eggplant Stampin' Write Marker to color the ballerina's dress. I actually punched out the circle and then trimmed it down to size with my scissors. It is attached to the card front with SNAIL adhesive. The globe base is stamped in Elegant Eggplant on Whisper White cardstock, fussy cut and attached with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The words on this card come from the Crazy About You stamp set. Both layers were cut using the Big Sot and the Lots of Labels Framelits. The Pink Pirouette piece stands out because I used Stampin' Dimensionals. Because there was a little space below the words, I added an Elegant Eggplant Candy Dot to fill it in.

I had lots of favorable comments on the original, slightly different card. I hope you like this one, too.

Products Used:
Sparkly Seasons photopolymer stamp set (15), 139825, $26.00
Crazy About You stamp set (33), W 138856, $52.00; C 138859, $39.00; P 137137, $25.00
Pink Pirouette 8½" x 11" cardstock (24), 111351, $7.00
Elegant Eggplant 8½" x 11" cardstock (24), 105126, $7.00
Whisper White 8½" x 11" cardstock (40), 100730, $8.50
Dazzling Diamonds 12" x 12" Glimmer Paper (2), $5.00
Elegant Eggplant Classic Stampin' Pad, 126969, $6.50
Tuxedo Black Memento Pad, 132708, $6.00
Regals Collection Stampin' Write Markers (10), 131262, $29.00
Regals Candy Dots (100), 130932, $6.00
Lots of Labels Framelits (7), 138281, $27.00
Lucky Stars Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 135817, $7.50


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils