Butterfly Thinlits and Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper

I just had to play around with the new Butterfly Thinlits in the Occasions Catalog. I paired it with the Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper, using sponge daubers to create the color pattern. [A tissue works very well to remove surplus ink from the ink-resistant design on the dsp.]  I unintentionally featured our departing in colors in my February class and the Strawberry Slush on this card is just one of them, along with the Baked Brown Sugar. Since my class attendees are pretty regular, I decided I would also use up some of my retired products in this class, such as the ribbons and the clear button on this card.

Trick: a piece of waxed paper between your card stock and the thinlit die makes it much easier to remove the card stock and punch the holes. I've noticed that some people run the thinlit sandwich back and forth through the Big Shot several times, although I didn't find that necessary.

Products Used:
Butterflies Thinlits Dies (3), 137360, $24.95
Strawberry Slush 8½" x 11" card stock (24), 131295, $6.95
Blackberry Bliss 8½" x 11" card stock (24), 133675, $6.95
Irresistibly Yours 12" x 12" specialty designer series paper (12), free during Sale-a-Bration
Strawberry Slush Classic Stampin' Pad, 131178, $5.95
Baked Brown Sugar Classic Stampin' Pad, 131174, $5.95
Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin' Pad, 133642, $5.95
Sponge Daubers (5), 133773, $4.95

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils