Such Pretty Paper

I recently covered a few more cans with designer series paper, cans for storing my loose tea. I chose some of my prettiest but retired dsp for the task and now I can't put away the scraps without using them! In fact, the sheet of paper used in these cards was the reason I purchased the Berry Blossoms pack of dsp in the first place!

I designed the first card and then decided I liked it so much, I decided I would make a large card for use in our ABF (Adult Bible Fellowship). As part of my ministry, I make cards we can pass around for everyone to sign when one of our members is ill or has lost a loved one or whatever. I'm showing both here. The Bible verse is from a stamp set we carried a number of years ago. I never get rid of my Scripture stamps.


you wouldn't know from the way these cards come through that the bottom one is made with one full sheet of Wisteria Wonder card stock while the top one is the usual half sheet!

Wisteria Wonder card stock is now one of our core colors in the Subtle Collection. I used the retired Lucky Limeade marker along with Calypso Coral and Wisteria Wonder markers to color the "thinking of you" stamp from the Kind & Cozy set of 6 stamps (W 129123, $21.95; C 129126, $16.95). I love this stamp set in the new catalog. In fact, I love the whole Gingham Garden Suite, which is shown on pages 80-81 of the 2013-14 catalog.

I love the effect Finishing Touches Edgelits, one of which I used on the Basic Black card stock. I have to admit that it's frustrating to have to dig out all the little pieces with my paper piercer when I finish using the edgelit, however.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils