Mixing the Old and the New

I recently missed a good friend's birthday, as I seem to do so often. Anyway, she's also a good customer, so I added a belated verse to the inside of this card, which used retiring colors (except for the Rose Red), a brand new stamp and its coordinating embossing folder. She loved it! She proceeded to order the Certainly Celery card stock, but it is no longer available because it is sold out. Pear Pizzazz is similar, but lacks the soft brightness of Certainly Celery, which I much prefer.

The stamp is a large background-size stamp that I colored with Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue and Rose Red Stampin' Write Markers.  After transferring the image to my Whisper White card stock, I embossed it, lining up the images. I then stamped the hummingbird again, cut it out and popped it up with a Stampin' Dimensional.

Products Used:
Wildflower Meadow stamp (1), W 129165, $17.95; C 129168, $13.95 (available 6/1)
Wildflower Meadow Embossing Folder, 129376, $7.95 (available 6/1)
Certainly Celery 8½" x 11" card stock (no longer available)
Whisper White 8½" x 11" card stock (40), 100730, $8.50
Stampin' Write Markers, Subtles Collection (10), 119700, $28.95, while supplies last
Certainly Celery 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (10 yds - while supplies last), 119963, $6.95

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils