Assignment with Washi Tape

Well, this has been an interesting challenge for me. I've been asked to design the "make and take" for our demonstrator team meeting, but I must use the washi tape from the Epic Day This and That promotion (those products are continued in the new 2013-14 catalog). They are neither a design nor a color combination I would choose to work with, which is why the design has been such a challenge for me. Anyway, this what I came up with.
Actually, this is the second card I designed. I wasn't satisfied with the first one, but I did add another image to the front and like it better. I haven't decided if I will post it or not.

The washi tape is the three strips across the bottom section of the Calypso Coral card stock. After I adhered that strip to the front of the card I decided the linen thread would have looked better between the Crumb Cake and Calypso Coral strips.

Washi tape is adhesive tape with designs. It is also removable so you can reposition it. I love the Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape in the new catalog. On my original card, I stamped "happy birthday" on the Crumb Cake strip using Calypso Coral ink and it worked very well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils