Google+ Followers

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Just had to share a picture of the wreath I made for our class the end of November. A reasonable facsimile of the wreath in the Holiday Mini Catalog, with some major differences.We had fun making it, but it took much longer than any of us anticipated. After 6 hours, most still had work to do. One thing I learned: Never use textured card stock for the lollies, or rosettes, whichever name you prefer. You can use it on the scallop punches that you score, clip and adhere, but not the strips that you score and gather. We only had one, but that one was extremely difficult to push into shape and has popped from it's position a couple times since I finished the wreath. I have now used my hot glue gun on it so much that I don't think it could possibly pop out again! But it is the only one I had that trouble with.

I found that the multipurpose glue works very well for putting most of the rosettes together, although I attached everything to the form with the hot glue gun.

The good news is that the Occasions Mini Catalog, due out in January, will include a die for the Big Shot to make those rosettes much easier!

No comments: