Google+ Followers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Missed It!

I missed the July Heartfelt Stampers team meeting and all the personal recognitions that went along with hit. I seldom miss, but my sister was moving into town the night of our meeting and I figured that was more important. It's so nice to have her nearby!

Anyway, Aly made all the following items on "My Digital Studio". The first is a card recognizing me as 6th in sales for our team during the month of June. [Apparently I'm not getting things in my scanner straight so they look crooked even though they're not!]

I haven't figured out how to rotate this scanned item on the blog. It is a full 8½" x 11" page recognizing me as—can you believe it?—6th in sales for the whole Stampin' Up! year! Of course, that's only for our team members, but it's still a huge accomplishment since we have over 100 demonstrators on our team.

Finally, because of the months in which I sold over $1,000 and because of my one recruit, I am part of Aly's Grand Achiever's Day in September.
With "My Digital Studio", you can order your creations printed OR you can do as Aly did for these items. She printed them off on her color printer onto Whisper White card stock. For the cards, she cut the completed images and adhered them to the front of colored card stock. I didn't scan the inside of the invitation, but she also produced that on her MDS and adhered it inside. I have got to start playing with MDS on my own. Downloads cost less than accumulating all the designer series paper and the stamp sets, although you would go through a lot of color cartridges for your printer if you use it a lot this way. However, Aly has pointed out that, when using MDS for scrapbooks, you are avoiding the cost of printing your photographs. Plus Stampin' Up! has partnered with a printer who does high quality printing and keeps our colors true. That means you can do "hybrid" designs where you print the pages individually, add your own buttons and ribbons on top of the printed ones, and slip them into page protectors. Of course, you can always save space by having the entire album printed and bound for you. So many options!

No comments: