Musical Expressions

As I looked at my display of discontinued stamp sets and designer papers and embellishments, I just had to make another card with the Music Expressions stamp set. For some reason, I had never used the brighter colors with it before, but I love the way it turned out. The card also features the Ice Cream Parlor designer series paper earned through the Sale-a-Bration catalog. I have several packs of this fun paper, as well as the ribbon and stickers that coordiante with it.

The image is stamped with Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad on Very Vanilla card stock. I used my In Color Stampin' Write Markers to fill in parts of the image: Peach Parfait, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz and Island Indigo. The cello is filled in with Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker. When I held the card up, I decided the bird looked too vivid, so I toned it down with Moonlight Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink, providing a luminous effect that you can't really see on the scanned image. I also used the smooch on the dragonfly's wings.

Comments

Patti said…
This is lovely. That stamp is one I probably will never get rid of; perfect for coloring. You did a great job.

Popular posts from this blog

You Mean Everything to Me

More Quilt Cards

Easter Daffodils